Entries by Rishabh Engineering, China Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Corp., Southern Nuclear Operating Company and Larsen & Toubro Heavy Engineering LLC were honored by Intergraph this week as the winners of the 2016 Drivers of Success Awards for users of CADWorx, CAESAR II, GT STRUDL and PV Elite. This year’s recipients were honored at the opening keynote for HxGN Local CAU Houston 2016. CADWorx & Analysis University (CAU) is an annual technical user conference for Intergraph CADWorx & Analysis Solutions design and engineering offerings.
The annual Drivers of Success competition recognizes impressive project results and significant benefits from collaboration among disciplines and the innovative application of Intergraph products. The competition is open to users of CADWorx, CAESAR II, GT STRUDL and PV Elite who submit stories throughout the year and share their successes using these software products. The winning entry for each product received a complimentary conference fee, hotel accommodations and round-trip travel to Houston from their respective city.
The 2016 Drivers of Success recipients are:
- CADWorx - Rishabh Engineering, India, for building a 105 MW power plant with 18 generators in three power blocks. The team used CADWorx to perform field engineering and develop an intelligent 3D model for the whole plant, reducing modeling man hours by 30 percent and improving productivity by 20 percent.
- CAESAR II - China Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Corp., China, for the world’s largest indirect coal liquefaction project. CAESAR II was used on this $10 billion project to increase the design quality of 13,450 process pipelines and reduce the stress analysis time by 20 percent.
- GT STRUDL - Southern Nuclear Operating Company, US, for a $10 million Digital Turbine Controls project to upgrade analog technology to all new digital controls. GT STRUDL saved $3 million on the project by significantly reducing the structural modifications required for cable tray supports and minimizing the outage execution time.
- PV Elite - Larsen & Toubro Heavy Engineering LLC, Oman, for designing and manufacturing five high pressure columns. This critical equipment is the heart of the whole refinery. PV Elite helped the team perform fast calculations and better control revisions.
The 2016 runners up are:
- Vepica Piping Department, US
- Zhejiang Engineering Design Co., Ltd, China
- CAESAR II
- L&T Chiyoda Limited, India
- L&T-Valdel Engineering Ltd and Bluewater Energy Services, India
- PV Elite
- Air Liquide Global E&C, India
- Tecnimont, India
Rick Allen, Intergraph CADWorx & Analysis Solutions president, said, “This year’s Drivers of Success award winners are a reflection of the strong capabilities that Intergraph solutions offer. Our customers are achieving great success through the implementation of CADWorx, CAESAR II, GT STRUDL and PV Elite.”
Click here to learn more.