with Richard Ay, Intergraph CADWorx and Analysis Solutions
and Tony Paulin, Paulin Research Group
Date: October 09, 2014
Duration: 1 hour
Cost: free eSeminar
View the recorded webinar here
This webinar covers the joint feature release of CAESAR II version 7.0 and FEA Tools version 2.0. During this webinar, Richard Ay (Intergraph) and Tony Paulin (Paulin Research Group) will :
- Conduct a collapse test to demonstrate how B31.3 torsional allowable moment can be greater than collapse moment
- Conduct a stiffness test to show how calculated displacements of actual 2” stainless steel piping system are underestimated by two times
- Compare B31.3 Equations for expansion and sustained stresses
- Discuss warnings that are provided when pressure stresses are used in the expansion stress calculation
- Discuss recommended data to fill in the CAESAR II V.7.0 SIF and SSI (Stress Index) fields
- Outline the differences between V.7.0 and prior CAESAR II versions
- Compare Run and Branch Default SIFs and SSIs
Richard Ay graduated with a BS in Ocean Engineering in 1977 after which he worked for a major EPC firm. In 1983 while working for an offshore consulting firm, Rich earned an MS in Covil Engineering. In 1985, at the request of Tony Paulin, one of the founders of COADE, Rich joined COADE. Since then Rich has spent his time working on the development of CAESAR II, TANK, product licensing, QA and technical support procedures. Rich is now the Vice President of Software Development and oversees the development of Intergraph CADWorx & Analysis plant engineering products. Rich has his Professional Engineering license and is a member of ASCE.
Tony Paulin has dedicated his life to creating and helping engineers apply the best and most advanced technology to the fields of piping and pressure vessel design and analysis. In 1991 he founded Paulin Research Group (PRG) to develop FEA-based software programs for use in the PV&P sector. Under Tony Paulin’s direction, PRG performs consulting, training, and physical lab testing to confirm both the software’s accuracy and usability. He regularly presents papers and findings at industry seminars and conferences.