We are excited to announce the new CADWorx E&I V2014 with new features and enhanced capabilities for the engineering and design of electrical and instrumentation for all plant lifecycle phases. The new release extends the CADWorx plant design solution and provides a bridge from the process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) application for consistent and efficient electrical detailed engineering.
With CADWorx E&I V2014, the user can:
- Import instruments and electrical load data directly from CADWorx P&ID using a Microsoft Access®, SQL or Oracle
- A new differential view allows to check the expected results with automatically created log file for review
- Assign the data to be imported with a customer-specific format using an extensible markup language (XML) configuration
- Define custom attributes for loops and loop elements and their derived classes
- Add units in unit groups and variants in enumerations
CADWorx E&I V2014 has a completely redesigned function for importing and exporting graphic documents, now supporting both the DXF binary format and the DWG format in all file versions of AutoCAD® 12 and AutoCAD 2013. This new release also provides enhanced evaluation of geometric objects and adds new features for automatically creating symbols for blocks and for adopting title block data. In addition to paper copies, the database reflecting the current-state plant environment can be produced on DVD or CD formats allowing multiple users access to high quality output faster and using less paper.
CADWorx E&I provides for basic engineering, conceptual design, and specification of devices for electrical instrumentation and control plus detailed engineering for all aspects of design, down to the wires and pins. The software delivers highly efficient support of electrical engineering workflows, improves the quality of the documentation, addresses related regulatory and safety requirements, and provides or design transparency to allow verification at any time.
Want to learn more on CADWorx E&I, click here.