with Tony Paulin, Paulin Research Group
Date: August 14, 2013
Duration: 1 hr
Cost: free eSeminar
Please join us once again for the last session of our three-part webinar series on FEATools.
Tony Paulin will demonstrate how you can use finite element analysis (FEA) to extend and refine the analysis capabilities offered in CodeCalc and PV Elite to solve problems that are outside the constraints of analytical and code methods. Paulin Research Group's FEA-based software (NozzlePRO™) lets the customer easily and reliably perform a more rigorous and more thorough analysis of their pressure vessels. The webinar will focus on specific components common to pressure vessels. This will include nozzles subject to external loads with comparisons to WRC 107/297, and supports with non-integral reinforcements and saddle supports with comparisons to the Zick method.
Tony Paulin has dedicated his life to creating and helping engineers apply the best and most advanced technology to the fields of piping and pressure vessel design and analysis. In 1991 he founded Paulin Research Group (PRG) to develop FEA-based software programs for use in the PV&P sector. Under Tony Paulin’s direction, PRG performs consulting, training, and physical lab testing to confirm both the software’s accuracy and usability. He regularly presents papers and findings at industry seminars and conferences. Some of Mr. Paulin’s key accomplishments include:
• Original Author of the CAESAR II© Pipe Stress Analysis Program
• Co-Author of the FE/Pipe™ & NozzlePRO™ Finite Element Analysis Programs
• Co-Author of the new PCLGold™ Pipe Stress Program with applied FEA Technology
• Co-Author of BOS Fluids Steady State and Transient Fluid Flow Simulator
• Member of the B31 Mechanical Design Code Committee (1994 to Present)
• Past Recipient of the South Texas ASME Herbert Allen Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement